background

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Alphabet Pancakes

September 7, 2011.
One of my favorite things to re/pin on Pinterest is related to making food fun for the little's. I came across this pin: http://pinterest.com/pin/195593024/ and loved the color and creativity of the pancakes. Levi just started Kindergarten, and not having gone to preschool, is a little behind in knowing the letters of the alphabet...so, I decided to make "alphabet pancakes." This was not nearly as creative, I know, and, I must admit, it's not the first time he's eaten his name. Joshua has made name pancakes for the boys in the past. I just tried to make as many letters as the batter allowed...and a heart because I love him:) Then we went over each letter as he ate them and even tried to spell some simple words. It was fun and educational;) Oh, and it was for dinner to boot. I'll definitely be doing this one again!
On a side note, I came across this cool pin: http://pinterest.com/pin/195607009/ as a nifty way to dispense pancake batter onto the griddle, but realized I could use my "candy melts" dispenser and make thinner, more realistic letters. However, the batter jammed a few times and some letters were harder to flip for their fineness. So, I'm thinking I'll try the ketchup bottle trick before I cut a little more of the tip off the candy melts dispenser.




No comments:

Post a Comment