background

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Baggies Full of Paint!

September 15, 2011.
I repinned this pin: http://pinterest.com/pin/195808620/ for freezer baggies full of paint. The beauty of this idea is the littles can draw with their fingers, or cotton swabs to practice letters or make pictures and then use their fingers to spread the paint back out to "erase" the image and start all over.
Abraham making "tracks" with a train!
Using cotton swabs..
Levi's yellow paint showed the markings a lot better than Abe's red. I even tried to put white paper under Abey's, but it didn't really help. It didn't stop him from wanting to continue though;) Also, the original from the pin used finger paint or tempera paint which is way thinner than my 15 year old acrylic paint from art school. But, I knew I was saving that stuff for something;) I also came across a variation of this, though I don't recall the site, that used hair gel from the dollar store!
 A couple days later, though the shirt is the same, LOL. Levi brings me this...a baggy of "truck tracks" and 4 trucks. He then informs me I have to match the trucks to the tire tracks!
Ta Da!!! I mixed two up the first time so I had to start over...oops!
I love that he took this to a whole nother level and made a game out of it:)
 Making more tracks and roads to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment