background

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Chalking the Alphabet Game


September 17, 2011.
I found this idea while going though my back issues of Family Fun Magazine and tried to find it on their site to pin it to Pinterest, but I couldn't find it even when I typed in the issue month and year...hmmm. FYI it's from March 2010 under "My Great Idea."
The idea is to chalk the alphabet, call out a letter, and have your child locate and stand on it.

pic coming soon:) it's on my phone.

I didn't want to overwhelm Levi with all the letters he doesn't know, so I just drew the ones he did, hoping to reinforce them, and added a couple of site words and shapes. It ended up being a fun game...one we will continue and gradually add new letters as he learns them, use upper and lower case and increase the site words vocabulary.

No comments:

Post a Comment