background

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Boxes into Buildings

October 19, 2011.
A little update. Levi still likes using his original box from the original post below...dated 9/20/2011, but today he just blew me away with this architectural genius:) I've been saving  more boxes for him and kept this larger one in the pantry. He used two t.p tubes and one paper towel tube, that he cut in half, to make the stilts. Then he cut open another paper towel tube to use as a ramp!
 Voila!
I helped him take it to the bedroom. I showed him that by cutting two slits in each tube he could keep the top box from shifting so much. Levi added the green Duplo to the stilt that was too short. Then he continued to draw on it, including a "camper" parking space. I caught a pic just as the camper was going off the edge. Oops!

September 20, 2011.
I went to Costco today and came home with some boxes that I would normally put right in the recycle bin, but I had remembered pinning this: http://pinterest.com/pin/122322967/ a while back and thought I'd give it a try. Our version was done by taping 8.5 x 11 pieces of scrap paper from Joshua's school to the boxes and letting the boys draw "the details."
 Posing time.
I never got a finished product picture of either of them, but Levi used his as a garage for his truck. His drawing is on the back. He didn't want to to put paper on the front. He liked the oranges. LOL...go figure!
***So, my vision was to have them fully wrapped with way more house like details, but I've got 29 more years of drawing experience;) I'm just glad they had fun doodling. Someday I hope to surprise them with a finished set like the ones in the "PIN." Gotta add that to "THE LIST"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment