background

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Witch and Cats Yard Art

OK, I have been dying to make these: http://www.marthastewart.com/274616/halloween-witch-decorations/@center/276965/halloween ever since I got my October issue of Martha Stewart back in 2005!!! At the time I was pregnant with Levi and have used my kiddos as an excuse to not do things ever since. I am so stinkin excited to finally be doing it!!!
Joshua had a spare piece of 3/4 in plywood, of course;) He also borrowed his classroom projector because I didn't want to use up all our printer ink on the million pages of templates, nor take the time to cut them out and piece them together. I just cut out page 2 of the witch and cat templates, laid them on the projector and traced around the images. I had to shrink her down just a tad because the plywood had a chunk taken out of it already and there was a big knot in the wood were her hand would go if I didn't. And while the black paint would cover the knot, I wasn't sure if it would cut nicely or shatter. Didn't want to take any chances and didn't want to pay for a new piece of wood, so no biggie.
Then I was able to get two of the three cats on the upper half. Tomorrow I will cut her out with a jig saw.




No comments:

Post a Comment