background

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

No Heat "Sock Bun" Curls

I just repinned this today, http://pinterest.com/pin/350877801/ but actually watched the videos a while back. The link takes you to a site showing videos of 3 different ways to achieve "no heat" curls. I think the two sock methods would be more suitable for my hair type and length. Then last night, on a whim, after everyone was asleep, I decided to try the "How to Curl Your Hair With A Sock" one. 
This was the sock I cut. It has sentimental value to me...I bought it while I was going to school in England on an exchange program. It's like 15 years old and all peely, but I'm giving it new life!
*Abe wanted his hand in the picture.*
This is what it looks like all rolled up.
 I am quite pleased with how my hair turned out. I did mine as a low bun though because I find my scalp hurts when I put my hair up too high...weird I know.
*Abe jumped in on this pic too:)*
The left side of my hair turned out better because I pulled the bun to my left as I was rolling it up. I couldn't reach the back or see what I was doing going straight back. I think next time I'll do one on each side, like Princess Leia and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment