background

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Bath Murals from Craft Foam Sheets

I repinned this: http://pinterest.com/pin/216685872/ onto my "getting crafty with the littles" board and I ended up falling in love with this woman's entire blog!
Last week our sweet little neighbor friend had an ice cream party and I know she enjoys her bath time, so I decided to get her started on her own "bath mural" set. Plus, her mama is a crafty one, so I thought it would be a fun present they could work on together.
I came up with the stacking ice cream scoops from her invitation.
I think this might be a fun way to teach counting. Cut a few more scoops, put numbers on one side (leave the other side blank), and put in order. Maybe even adding and subtracting skills?
Then I totally stole this directly from the blog. The flowers came in a pack that I purchased at Michaels and I cut the rest out of a multi colored foam sheet stack...also purchased at Michaels.
I figured Halloween is right around the corner so I made a pumpkin and facial features.
And finally, I made a few words and letters using a Sharpie. Just wanted to give them a sample of the seemingly endless possibilities.

I plan on getting the boys set going as soon as the foam goes back on sale:)

No comments:

Post a Comment