background

Friday, October 21, 2011

No Heat "Twisted Bun/Bantu Knots" Curls

Repinned another version of no heat curls:http://pinterest.com/pin/350945928/.
My first attempt...
I divided my hair in half and clipped the top up while I made four buns on the bottom. Then I unclipped the top and made six on the top...three on each side.
I sprayed my hair with water all over to dampen it. Then twisted and bobby pinned.
Then I was off to bed.
The next morning...
Oh my goodness, this is what unraveling the first ONE looked like!
...and on a side note: I had no problem sleeping on the buns and they didn't unravel.
 The curls were waaaaaay tighter than I thought they would be!
The right side of my head has less hair then the other, so doing three buns on this side made the curls even kinkier. Plus, they were much harder to unravel. My hair was getting all tangled and frizzy.
Then I made a HUGE mistake!!! (pun intended;) I brushed it out. LOL!!!
I tried to tame it down by running Frizz-Ease all through it, but my hair was sooooo huge I just wore it back in a little claw when we went to the park.
So, lessons learned...1.) My hair is so thin I need to make fewer, thicker buns and 2.) Make fewer buns on the right side to make up for lack of hair. Will definitely try this method again.

No comments:

Post a Comment