background

Monday, October 17, 2011

Two Halloween Banners

Banners and Bunting are EVERYWHERE and I'm jumping on the band wagon!!! I'm in LOVE with all the color they add to the room and all the personality that shines through them. The colors, mediums, themes, and possibilities are endless. Since I still haven't managed to turn my junk room into a craft room YET, I have no access to my sewing machine...and, honestly, I don't have time to sew anyway. So, for Halloween, I am making my banner out of scrapbook paper.
I used my 40% off coupon to by a coordinated paper pad at Michaels. Out of the 4 "Halloween" themed packs to choose from, I was torn between the two more whimsical ones. Now that the bannering is up, I'm delighted with the one I ended up picking:)))
 I just cut 6 inch wide by 8 inch long triangles and hung them on a ribbon with tiny clothes pins.
 The sheets have an image on the front and back and I love that it can be seen from the outside as well!
 I used window paint to draw cobwebs all over. More on that here.
I'm pleased with how it turned out:)
I also found a pack of Halloween themed "die-cut mat pads" which are meant to have a 4x6 photos mounted on them in scrapbooks and such, but I used them for a banner also. My intent is to write "trick or treat" on them, one letter per rectangle, but I haven't found vinyl or chip board letters big enough for them yet. Not gonna worry about it this year, but hope to do so for the next. This set also has an image on each side and I love that the paper bunting is flat and will store easily for years to come. I can just leave the ribbon up and repin the next seasons papers in their place.
*UPDATE*
I tacked photos of Halloweens past, including a pic of my prego with Levi belly painted like a pumpkin, to the mats instead of doing text. I love the way it turned out:))) I still have more mats so I can keep adding pics year after year on a new row of ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment